Last updated: March 3, 2016
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your geographic location;
- about transactions you may carry out through or in connection with the Website (g., by registering for workshops), which may include PayPal or credit card information that you voluntarily provide to us; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, IP addresses, usage details and browsing actions and patterns.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, including, without limitation, when you register for workshops or fill out contact forms on the Website, or automatically as you navigate through and interact with the Website.
Information collected automatically may include details of your visits to the Website, such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, “flash cookies” (i.e., local shared objects), web beacons and other similar technology (collectively, “Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes and may have unique identifiers and transmit information about you and how you use the Website. Such information may include your search preferences, your browser type and the date and time of use. If you choose, you can disable some (but not all) Cookies in your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that you provide to us or that we otherwise collect about you, including personal information:
- to present the Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to register for workshops and otherwise participate in interactive features on the Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Your information—particularly tracking data—may also be analyzed so that we can provide you with useful information and can serve you in the best manner possible through enhanced features and functions on the Website. For example, your information may be used to, without limitation, compile statistical, demographic or aggregated information about visitors to the Website generally, or to create reports on user demographics and traffic patterns of the Website.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including as necessary to complete workshop registrations or fulfill and finalize purchase orders placed by you;
- to parties who perform a service for us, such as sending you mail or e-mail, web hosting, credit card processing and other similar services;
- when we believe that such disclosure is required by law;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us, other Website users or the public;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
In addition, we may also disclose aggregated or de-identified information in our sole discretion.
We retain the right to disclose and transfer or assign all information pursuant to or during negotiation of any merger, purchase, asset sale or other transaction relating to us or our assets.
How Your Information is Protected
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. You should recognize, however, that there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information. In addition, because Internet communications are unsecure, it is also possible that the information you supply to us or your access of any information via the Website will be intercepted during transmission. We are not liable for any breach of our systems or interception of our transmission, and we hereby fully disclaim, to the fullest extent possible under law, any liability associated with any claim relating to a breach of security, data or information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Children Under the Age of 13
Because we are concerned about the privacy protection of children who access the Internet, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Accordingly, the Website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are under 13 years of age, you may not become use or otherwise access the Website. By using our Website, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction